Terms and conditions
Welcome to ZamPass – The National Authentication and Access Control Service Portal!
By using our Authentication and Access Control Services (“Service/Services”), you agree to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
The ZamPass portal (“ZamPass”) is Governmental Electronic Identity and Authentication Service portal the Republic of Zambia. ZamPass provides its service to you subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you.
1. Your ZamPass Account
You need a ZamPass Account to use our Services. You may create your own ZamPass Account, or it may be created and assigned to you by an administrator, such as your employer. If you are using a ZamPass Account assigned to you by an administrator, different or additional terms may apply, and your administrator may be able to access or disable your account.
To protect your ZamPass Account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your ZamPass Account. Try not to reuse your ZamPass Account password on third-party websites/applications.
To create a ZamPass Account, you are asked to Register and provide a set of identification data, including personal data. You should provide only your data or data that you are legally empowered/entitled to provide.
You can create a ZamPass Account for your personal use, whether you are a Zambian citizen or not, or you can create a ZamPass Account for an organization you are empowered to represent. In all cases, to create a ZamPass Account, you need to provide the following set of data:
- 1) ID (NRC – for residents, Organization Registration Number / ID – for Legal Entities or Username - for foreigners)
- 2) Phone Number
- 3) E-mail address
- 4) First Name and Last Name
- 5) Date of birth
- 6) Gender
- 7) Nationality
- 8) Residential Address
- 9) Postal/Billing Address
Additionally, if registering an Organization/Company, you are asked to provide the Company’s Full Name and Short Name, Organization Type, Registration date, Company Business Address and Postal Address.
Additionally, as a foreigner, you are asked to provide a valid Passport Number and the corresponding passport expiration date.
Before submitting the registration form, you need to set a password for your account which is created. The password you choose must respect the standard guidelines to set a strong password and protect your account.
You are also required to set a PIN for your digital signature certificate, which is used to sign electronic documents. You can use it when necessary, just remember it and keep it safe. For security purposes, please, avoid setting the PIN which is identic to the profile password.
To complete the profile creation process, you will need to confirm the e-mail address you provided. You should give only an e-mail address that you can access whether this is your personal or corporate e-mail address.
You understand and agree that the Services are provided “AS-IS” and that ZamPass assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the service, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider).
You agree that you are responsible for your use of the service, for any data you fill in and submit and for any account you create, for any authentication tentative and any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use the service in compliance with all applicable local, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence.
3. Links to External Sites
This portal may contain links to other websites. ZamPortal is not responsible for the content or practices of other Web Sites.
4. Privacy Protection
5. Data Usage
We collect data on your use of ZamPass to provide and improve the quality of the service. To help address customer issues if they arise, some of this data may be associated with your ID. We may use your IP address to determine the city and country from which you are accessing the service, but we do not retain it.
By submitting data, including personal data, to ZamPortal, you acknowledge and agree that:
- your data do not contain confidential or proprietary information, other than the data you legally possess and expressly required to create a Zampass Account;
- you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from ZamPortal under any circumstances.
7. Misuse of Resources
You understand that all information, data, text, messages, or other materials (“Content”) that may be provided while using ZamPass portal are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. It means that you are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, transmit or otherwise make available via the service. Under no circumstances ZamPass will be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content, or any loss or damage of any kind of results caused by use of the portal.
You agree to not use the service to:
- upload, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the service;
- upload, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national or international law, ordinance or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that ZamPass may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce these Terms and Conditions;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of ZamPass, its users and the public.
You understand that the service and software embodied within the service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected. That use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by ZamPass and/or content providers who provide content to the service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the data provided or available on the service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Using a ZamPass account for acts or content in violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in disabling or blocking of your account without warning and take maximum legal actions applicable within the law.
8. Account termination
Besides violation of these Terms and Conditions, you may request the termination of your ZamPass Account at your wish by providing clear written notice of such request. Upon receiving your termination request, ZamPass will terminate your account and notify you of such termination via e-mail. We may request additional information from you before terminating your account. Your account is not terminated until you receive confirmation of such termination from ZamPass. Your Account termination request means therefore that you understand and agree with the fact that the access provided by your account will be lost. All data, including personal data, will be erased from ZamPass altogether with the ZamPass Account termination.
9. Changing Account data
In specific cases, you may request changing your account data/information, including the e-mail provided at registration, if necessary, by providing clear written notice of such request. Such requests should be well-founded and justified and should occur as rarely as possible.
10. Revisions of Policy
ZamPass may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this page on this portal. We will not send individual e-mail notifications on these updates. By using this Web site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and is therefore encouraged to visit this page periodically.
11. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties.
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ZamPass expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
You expressly understand and agree that ZamPass shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if ZamPass has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- (i) the use or the inability to use the service;
- (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or
- (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Zambia, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. Any claims, legal proceeding or litigation arising in connection with the service will be brought in Zambian counties, and you consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. The failure of ZamPass to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and ZamPass and govern your use of the service, superseding any prior agreements between you and ZamPass with respect to the service.
13. Contact Us
If you find any error or content that is in contradiction with our Terms and Conditions, or that you believe to be malicious, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Phone: 0211 428 600 (shortcode: 2008)
Postal address: Fairley Road, Lusaka, Zambia